10 Oct Next Generation Orion
Our people are brilliant. Our people are a complex blend of their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual parts. Our people are human beings.
Sometimes it is easy to forget this, especially as a people manager.
Since launching in 2015, we have invested in growing our people. We are proud of the Orion culture and how it has evolved and contributed to the ongoing success of the business. As we continue to grow, it is imperative that this culture remains a central focus in defining the way we work. We want our 34 (and counting) employees to feel that they are supported and enabled to be the best they can be.
The trouble is that doing this is harder than it sounds. Remember, we have a team full of fantastically complex human beings!
Orion is embracing the challenges that face a growing business. We recognise that the wellbeing of our people is integral to both our individual and collective success. Here are five ways that we are supporting our people to develop.
- Opportunity to Grow – Our leaders are provided with the opportunity to learn and share their knowledge and experiences with others. Effective delegation is encouraged. We recognise that exposing the next level to new challenges is essential for sustainable growth.
- Time to Think – The world is incredibly fast moving and complex. But it is important to regularly get off the merry-go-round and look at the bigger picture. This is blue-sky time; the time where innovative solutions are discovered.
- Face the Challenge – We continually offer up new challenges for our people to cut their teeth on, be they on complex projects or in less formal environments. Learning to adapt and overcome adversity is key to developing the agility we need to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
- Expand their Network and Influence – We encourage our people to be the individual faces of the business and to represent Orion to its clients and to the broader industry. We want to be thought leaders and be known for what we know.
- Be Aware – With opportunity comes accountability. Our success depends on our ability to meet and exceed expectations. To do this, we provide our teams with the tools and support to ensure that communication is maintained, targets are hit, and success realised.
Success in business isn’t always straightforward. We don’t shy away from putting in the hard yards. But we also understand that it is incredibly rewarding to see our hard work pay off, our projects delivered whilst also watching our people grow into the best that they can be.
That’s why we are here.