Orion is a development services consultancy that has rapidly become known for providing superior value to our Clients. We are honest, accessible and valued for our commercial mindset and using our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is inclusive, fun and dynamic and we love to challenge the status quo. We invest in our people and provide them with opportunities to become the best they can be. And now we are expanding. If you’re a Civil Design Engineer looking for your next challenge, then now is the time to become a part of our Sydney team.
- As a Design Engineer, your main role is to design primarily within urban development space, including roads, lot grading and drainage infrastructure.
- You will demonstrate commitment to Orion’s positive culture.
- Undertake documentation and design tasks with a demonstrated working knowledge in the use of 12D/Civil 3D at an intermediate level
- Develop innovative solutions to problems and take necessary action to expedite the successful accomplishment of assigned projects
- Coordinate design and drafting activities with drafters to provide drawing sets to Orion standards
- Liaise with various project stakeholders including; clients, consultants and relevant authorities
- Manage the invoicing and budgeting of projects
- Adoption, promotion and adherence to the Orion Consulting’s Quality Management (QMS) and Work Health & Safety (WHS) Systems.
- Implementation of good practice, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to support the ongoing success of the business.
- Ensure quality control processes for each project are implemented and documented
- Ensure work output is of a technically high standard, meets client needs, and activities are commercially viable
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 4+ years civil engineering design experience within land development
- Intermediate working knowledge in the use of 12D/Civil 3D, DRAINS & MUSIC software
- Advanced working knowledge with the use of Auto CAD/Civil 3D software
- Sound understanding of hydrological and hydraulic design principles
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with Australian standards and LGA road and drainage design principles
- Demonstrated ability in preparing road, lot and drainage strategies with limited supervision
- Ability to coordinate design and drafting activities
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills
- To be able to work both independently and as part of team environment
- Efficient time management skills to achieve project deadlines and budgetary constraints
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of project managers, construction managers, designers, planners and engineers who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued Clients.
- We have a structure that offers opportunity for career progression alongside the growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Please send your resume through to email@example.com