Orion is a development services consultancy that has rapidly become known for providing superior value to our Clients. We are honest, accessible and valued for our commercial mindset and using our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is inclusive, fun and dynamic and we love to challenge the status quo. We invest in our people and provide them with opportunities to become the best they can be. And now we are expanding. If you’re a Civil Road Designer looking for your next challenge, then now is the time to become a part of our Sydney team.
- As a Civil Road Designer your main duties will include civil engineering and geometric designs relating to urban road infrastructure and industrial subdivision developments.
- You will demonstrate commitment to Orion’s positive culture.
- Geometric urban road design including signalised and un-signalised intersections and roundabouts.
- Design of road infrastructure including stormwater drainage.
- Civil engineering design of industrial developments including earthworks modelling, hardstand and driveway grading, stormwater drainage.
- Utility modelling and coordination.
- Design modelling using 12d.
- Project drawing production using AutoCAD.
- Coordinate design and drafting tasks with drafters in accordance with Orion’s standards.
- Adoption, promotion and adherence to Orion’s Quality Management System (QMS) and Work, Health and Safety Systems (WHS).
Skills and Expertise
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years in civil engineering design and drafting.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of 12d and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated understanding of road and civil design principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of Austroads Design Guides, Australian Standards and Local Council Design Guides.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient time management skills to achieve project deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate within a team.
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of project managers, construction managers, designers, planners and engineers who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued Clients.
- The ability to work from Sydney and/or Wollongong
- We have a structure that offers opportunity for career progression alongside the growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Please send your resume through to email@example.com