Orion is a development services consultancy that has rapidly become known for providing superior value to our Clients. We are honest, accessible and valued for our commercial mindset and using our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is inclusive, fun and dynamic and we love to challenge the status quo. We invest in our people and provide them with opportunities to become the best they can be. And now we are expanding. If you’re a Draftsperson looking for your next challenge, then now is the time to become a part of our Sydney team.
- As a Draftsperson, your main role is to draft full sets of land development plan DA and CC drawings for approval and construction.
- You will demonstrate commitment to Orion’s positive culture.
- You will also be required to take information provided by designers and compile the drawing sets.
- Assist with the civil design including roads, lot grading and drainage infrastructure.
- You will be required to assist with the development of company drawing standards.
- General assistance with the preparation of Bill of Quantities.
- Adoption, promotion and adherence to the Orion Consulting’s Quality Management (QMS) and Work Health & Safety (WHS) Systems.
- Implementation of good practice, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to support the ongoing success of the business.
Skills and Expertise
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design
- Minimum 3+ years civil engineering drafting
- Technical drawing and presentation skills
- Spatial awareness
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills
- To be able to work both independently and as part of team environment
- Good time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of project managers, construction managers, designers, planners and engineers who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued Clients.
- We have a structure that offers opportunity for career progression alongside the growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Please send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org