Orion is a development services consultancy that has rapidly become known for providing superior value to our Clients. We are honest, accessible and valued for our commercial mindset and using our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is inclusive, fun and dynamic and we love to challenge the status quo. We invest in our people and provide them with opportunities to become the best they can be. And now we are expanding. If you’re a Graduate Engineer looking for your next challenge, then now is the time to become a part of our Sydney team.
- As a Graduate Civil Design Engineer your main role is to assist the Civil Engineer/Designer with various design and drafting tasks primarily within the urban development space including roads, lot grading and drainage infrastructure.
- You will demonstrate commitment to Orion’s positive culture.
- Provide technical input into projects as required.
- Undertake documentation and design tasks with a demonstrated working knowledge in the use of 12D, DRAINS & MUSIC models at an early intermediate level.
- Develop innovative solutions to design problems.
- Coordinate design and drafting activities with drafters to provide drawing sets to Orion standards.
- Assist with the preparation of Bill of Quantities.
- Adoption, promotion and adherence to the Orion Consulting’s Quality Management (QMS) and Work Health & Safety (WHS) Systems.
- Implementation of good practice, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to support the ongoing success of the business.
- Ensure quality control processes for each project are implemented and documented.
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-2 years postgraduate civil engineering design experience within land development
- Early intermediate working knowledge in the use of 12D/Civil 3D, DRAINS & MUSIC software.
- Intermediate working knowledge with the use of Auto CAD/Civil 3D software.
- Good understanding of hydrological and hydraulic design principles.
- Familiar with Australian standards.
- Demonstrated ability in setting up road and drainage strategies.
- Technical drawing and presentation skills.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills.
- To be able to work both independently and as part of team environment.
- Efficient time management skills to achieve project deadlines and budgetary constraints.
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of project managers, construction managers, designers, planners and engineers who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued Clients.
- We have a structure that offers opportunity for career progression alongside the growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Please send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org