Orion Consulting is looking for a driven Project Engineer/Assistant Principal’s Representative to join our Sydney team.
The ideal applicant will have a degree in Civil Engineering with 1-3 years post graduate experience, preferably site based.
- Your main role is to provide assistance to the Senior Engineer for the planning, execution, and finalisation of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes the coordination of resources including, but not limited to OC team members, third-party contractors and/or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- You will also be required to assist with the definition of the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the management of project budgets and invoicing as well as seeking variations if required.
- You will need to liaise with authorities and utility agencies to obtain project approvals.
- You may be required to perform the duties of a contract superintendent / Principals Representative and contract administrator requiring adequate knowledge of construction industry practices, relevant legislation (e.g. Securities of Payment Act), and standard form contracts.
- Preparation of works contracts
- Regular and friendly interaction with the Client of a project you are managing.
- Assistance with fortnightly updating of project budgets and project programs.
- Assistance with the chairing of fortnightly meetings and issuing on minutes.
- Preparation on Quantities and tender documentation
- Assisting with Site inspections and progress reports of site works
- Business development and liaison with Clients will be expected and encouraged.
- Maintain a positive safety culture and ensure compliance with all EHS legislation.
• Exposure to site works or previous experience in construction/engineering firm
• MS Office
• Report writing
• Great communication
• Basic Autocad
If you think you are the right candidate, please send through your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org