Orion is a development services consultancy that has rapidly become known for providing superior value to our Clients. We are honest and accessible and valued for our commercial mindset and using our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is inclusive, fun and dynamic and we love to challenge the status quo. We invest in our people and provide them with opportunities to become the best they can be. And now we are expanding. If you’re a Town Planner looking for your next opportunity then now is the time to become a part of our Sydney team.
- Your main role is to keep our clients happy by supporting our Planning Manager coordinating internal and external resources and preparing planning tasks on time and within budget.
- You’ll contribute to the success of Orion by completing planning tasks for Clients and providing internal planning advice to the broader team.
- You’ll be accountable to our Planning Manager who is a member of our Senior Management Team.
- You’ll relish the regular, proactive and friendly interaction with our Clients on projects you manage.
- You’ll use your planning skills to prepare planning applications and planning proposals for Clients using our standard template documentation.
- You’ll engage your research and analytical skills to prepare planning advice and submissions.
- You’ll use your relationship building skills to negotiate development outcomes with authorities to obtain project approvals.
- You’ll increase your understanding of our business by assisting in the preparation of fee proposals, budgets and programs.
Skills and Expertise
- Degree that is recognised by the Planning Institute of Australia with 2+ years post graduate statutory planning experience.
- Drivers licence – own vehicle is not required.
- Effective verbal and written communication in plain language.
- Ability to review planning controls and prepare Statements of Environmental Effects (SEE).
- Experience in the preparation of Environmental Impact Statements, Planning Proposals, Highest & Best Use Assessments and Review of Environmental Factors applications is desirable but not essential.
- We have a strong client base with some fantastic projects and we are looking to further strengthen our team
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of development professionals who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued Clients.
- We offer exposure to a growing pipeline of challenging planning work with loyal Clients in Sydney and Regional NSW.
- We have a structure that offers opportunity for career progression alongside the rapid growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
- You could be relatively new to the planning profession with a few years’ experience and looking for a supportive environment to build on your experience, a seasoned professional returning after a career break, through to a master of complex projects looking for a new challenge.
- You could be looking for a full-time, part-time, job share opportunity or flexibility in work hours to fit work around your family commitments.
- You could be looking to move from another consultancy or the public or development sectors into a consulting role.
If you’d like to discuss this opportunity please contact Nathan Croft on 0419 845 089. We’d love for you to join our Planning Team – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.